The Hungarian Egységes radiológiai biológiai vegyivédelmi csomag (Unified Radiological Biological Chemical (decontamination) Kit) was issued to the registered members of the Polgári védelem (Civil Defence) during the Cold War and many were stored in important facilities.
The container box (18 x 10 x 6 cm) is made of pale yellow plastic and sealed with tape. Early kits came in cardboard boxes which were then sealed in a foil bag. It was packed by Reanal Finomvegyszergyár but not all of the parts were manufactured by them.
- Small plastic flask - No.1 (skin decontaminator, can be used against nerve agents, contains Na-cresolate (Sodium o-cresolate) 14-16% tincture in 96% alcohol, 40-50ml)
- Big plastic flask - No. 2 (skin decontaminator, can be used against blister agents, contains Zinc-Chloride 9-11% tincture in 85% alcohol 70ml, inside the flask in the glass vial 14-15g neomagnol (Chloramine B))
- Needle to pierce the flasks
- Gauze sheets (20cm x 20cm)
- Detergent powder
- KÉPA (nerve agent antidote, unlike in the military type it only contains two ampoules)
- Water disinfectant (one vial neomagnol (1.) and one vial sodium thiosulfate (2.))
- Wound plaster
- Plastic bag to make the decontamination tincture from the detergent powder.
The kit also contains the fillowing medicines:
- Reasec pills (10 pcs., intestinal antiseptic)
- Ixecur pills (10 pcs., S-2-aminoetilisotiuroniumbromide-hydrobomide "iodine pills")
- Ridol pills (10 pcs., painkiller)
- Polyvitapex dragees (10 pcs., vitamine mix, against weakness)
- Torecan dragees (10 pcs., against nausea)
- Tetran ointment (1 tube, demulcent)
After the regime change to reduce costs the kit was modified. The No.1 and No.2 flasks and the piercer needle was changed to one bigger flask containing (just like the Czechoslovak ZPJ-80) acid-treated Bentonite, which is a good absorbent.
- Munkásőrség: Kézikönyv az alegységparancsnokok felkészüléséhez (book-1980)